Jewish Tour in La Havana - Cuba
Make your travel meaningful, and enjoy the Jewish Heritage!
By this tour, travelers can learn and know how it was started and how is developed the Jewish community life in Cuba.
Our hallmark is that all our guides are ACTIVE MEMBERS of the Local Community, and that our tours are organized hand by hand with local institutions.
What are we going to visit on this Jewish City Tour?
During the tour, travelers will visit and know the places, streets, buildings, landscapes, the great history of politics, society, lifestyle, and some stories of people who were and are protagonists of the Jewish experience in Cuba:
* The Orthodox Synagogue Adath Israel
* The small Holocaust square.
* Sephardic Hebrew Center
* The Cuban Holocaust exhibit
* The Beth Shalom Synagogue
* The Patronato (Jewish Center), and learn about the "Community School" where children learn Hebrew and study Jewish culture every Sunday.
* Old Havana
* The Hotel Raquel, an amazing hotel, whose architecture shows the Jewish-Cuban
* The old Jewish quarter of Havana
* The Acosta street
* The Wall Street
Only from Monday to Friday. (We donÂ´t do tours on Saturdays and Sundays)
Duration: 3.30 hours.
** It takes, at least, 5 working days to book the service prior to the date of the tour.
* Bilingual guide (Spanish / English) - A member of the local Jewish community, specialist in the history of the Cuban Jewish community.
* Entry to the sites visited
* Transfer by car (up to 4 passengers)
*** A % of the tour price is a collaboration to the local Jewish community.
* Donation to Jewish places visited. A collaboration per passenger is asked.
* Cost of trasnportation by local taxis.
The tour starts in the Patronato - House of the Hebrew Community of Cuba (New Vedado)
If you choose to be pick up at the cruise dock, it has an extra charge.
* Visit the Jewish Cementery in Guanabacoa.
** We collaborate in the reservation for a Shabbat dinner in the community.